CHW’s Corporate & Commercial department is presently recognised as one of the leading corporate and commercial practices in Bermuda. Headed by Ernest Morrison, Managing Director of CHW, the corporate team acts for a number of sophisticated international and local clients.
CHW’s corporate attorneys provide a knowledgeable, efficient and experienced service to their clients, assisting both global and local clients. Our attorneys have developed a broad corporate skill set and together they advise on a wide range of matters, including:
- mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies
- IPO’s and public company fund raisings
- structured financing & private equity
- the establishment, operation and regulation of insurance and reinsurance companies, captive insurers and rent-a-captives
- corporate governance and regulatory issues
- the formation, listing and regulation of investment funds
- Pension trust funds
- share option schemes
- global restructuring projects involving Bermuda entities, both private and public
- banking and asset financing, including aviation and shipping finance
- the registration of aircraft and shipping vessels in Bermuda
- continuation and discontinuation of companies into and out of Bermuda
- the incorporation of Bermuda companies and the formation of limited liability companies, purposes trusts, partnerships and the registration of overseas partnerships.
The continued building of its reputation in this practice area has been acknowledged in a number of the leading guides to international law firms with Chambers and Partners Global Guide to the World's leading lawyers for business commenting:
“This firm earns plaudits for the outstanding quality of service it provides”,
and IFLR 1000: The guide to the World’s leading financial law firms ranking CHW as one of the top three practices in Bermuda and stating that:
“The firm produces quality work... and they have good commercial sense”,
and one particular client being quoted as saying that:
"They are prudent in what they bill for and very efficient”.